Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Review: The Rules

Title: The Rules
Series: Project Paper Dolls # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Dystopian/Science Fiction
Author: Stacey Kade
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Book: ARC sent by publisher
Video Review: HERE


"1. Never trust anyone.
2. Remember they are always searching.
3. Don’t get involved.
4. Keep your head down.
5. Don’t fall in love.
Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans in a small Wisconsin town, to hide in plain sight at her high school from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”
But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…"


I think aliens are the new black! Fierce and very exciting, I LOVED this story.

The plot of the book is what kept me planted in the story. There are several plot twists that I did not expect and it totally blew me away. From the start of the first sentence to the last line of the story, I want MORE! I need MORE! The plot moved wonderfully with the reader entrancing them with a powerful plot that I could not take my eyes off of. The ending of the story is the BEST! Seriously once I reach the end of the book, I released a breathe of air that I didn't even realize I was holding. That's how exciting the story was.

The characters of the book have more in common that what the readers sees. The readers are lead to believe that this girl is different, that she is being saved and well, let just say that once you feel  Ariane's shock there's not going back. Ariane is an amazing character that is easy to relate to. She conveys her emotions well so that the reader can easily slip into her shoes. When it comes to Zane he is different. You know that this kid is hiding something. I like that Zane role is bigger than what the reader expects. You think you know him but once inside his mind, it's nothing than what you thought.

Of course there is a love interest that is right where I want it with amazing obstacles standing in their way. This love screams to be reader and I can not wait to see their love blossom.

The Rules places a nostalgia factor that leaves you feeling amazing. The portrait of secrecy, a powerful company, and a love taking hold, it's a genuine delight. The Rules is an awesome start to powerful series.

I give it 5 BITES!




 Happy Reading!






6 comments:

  1. Okay, I just skimmed Savy because I'm starting this one today and CANNOT WAIT! I'm so glad to see it got such a high rating from you, I love when a series starts with a bang:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been enjoying the alien aspect in YA lately. Oh and it looks like you found me another one. This sounds like a series I would totally enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YAY! I hope to read this one really soon and you just got me all sorts of excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay aliens are definitely becoming very popular I have enjoyed almost every alien book I read so I'm excited to get to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look like a really cool book! I'll have to check it out! As always, great review!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just got a copy of this from the publisher and plan on starting it soon! Glad to see it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)