Review: The Darkest Minds Review: Chasers Review: Cornered Review: Finale Review: Leopard Moon

Friday, March 8, 2013

Review: Light Of The Moon

Title: Light Of The Moon
Series: Legend Of The Dreamer # 1
Genre: Young Adult-Fantasy/Supernatural
Author: David James
Publisher: CS Publishing
Release Date: November 6, 2012
Book: Amazon
Video Review: HERE



"Stars. Fire. Blood. Magic.
One night long ago, a constellation disappeared and fell from the sky in the form of a boy.
Secrets are being kept in the sleepy town of Lakewood Hollow, Colorado. Nothing but pools of blood and dripping words are left where bodies once were, and no one but Calum Wade seems to be worried. Life unfolds in shades of red for Calum, until a mysterious girl named Kate Black enrolls at his school and everything changes. Suddenly a dangerous world of dream demons, elemental enchanters, and blood witches unfurls before Calum. He learns that the stars have forever held his destiny, and that the constellations above are much more than what they seem. As Kate and Calum sink deep into a paranormal war, they realize that an ancient prophecy might hold the answers they seek. But life is not so easy for Calum, and he can feel his heart beat faster whenever Kate is close. Worse, Kate's blood holds a dark secret even more dangerous than the war between the demons and enchanters. Soon the two find that there are worse things than loving someone you shouldn't. For Calum and Kate, even love and the fiery power of stars may not be enough to break a curse as dark as the blood that binds their destiny.
A romantic story of true love and dark curses, LIGHT OF THE MOON will leave you breathless."


Taking me beyond what I thought, I really liked this book!

I'm going to talk about something I don't normally talk about. The words. This author has a way of writing words so beautifully and woven together its likes poetry. Many times, I found myself re-reading lines cause I just adored how wonderful it was written. You can really tell that he took his time writing a story and that is not dumbed down but carefully written. The prologue itself took my breathe away. The plot of the book is magical. A curse going on for generations of these characters can stop it. I love how the plot is interwoven beautifully with constellations!

The love interest in the book is what I thought it be. Two people forced on paths with imaginable obstacles that they must face. One light and one dark, I'm interested in seeing if their love will be strong enough to last. 

And that is why this book is good. An unlikely pair in the midst of a long standing war draws m,y attention. It's solid, flowing beautifully from word to word.  Painting a magnificent picture that is believable and breath-taking, Light Of The Moon shines!

I give it 4 BITES!


 Happy Reading!





6 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds awesome Savy! I can't believe it's the first I'm hearing of it. Love the sound of the the romance, sounds like a challenging and emotional one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds like it's beautiful. I like that the romance was exactly what you thought it would be too. Sometimes it's nice to have things just be the way they seem. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I need to read this one for the writing and the romance! Haven't heard of this one so thanks for bringing it to my attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really great author who really knows how to write, and not just follow the hype and what because of what's "in". Sounds really interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely review. I will definitely check out this book - I love books with prose that reads like poetry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you got my attention by saying that words were so well written and it was like poetry. That doesn't always work, but it sounds like it did here. I hadn't heard of this I don't think but it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely reader! Thanks for commenting! I enjoying reading what you have to say :) I have turn on the comment mod due to a large amount of spam. Thanks :)